Pages

Ombre Hair

I'm not sure if you have noticed but Ombre hair is pretty big right now! I can't decide if I'm liking it or not and whether asians should even try this look. I mean most of us have already sported this look sometime during our lives when we attempted to dye our hair in (our experimental stages) in high school and then was forced to grow it out. I used to be the hair of shame, but now it's cool.

The only attractive thing about this look is you can look cool and be extremely lazy about dying your roots :)! Keeping my hair light to medium brown is hard work for my naturally black hair. Not only is it extremely damaged, you get roots appearing in 2 weeks. URGH!

After doing a bit more research, I noticed that there are a few variations of Ombre hair. Here some images of celebs and such sporting the "natural" ombre look. This ombre style, uses natural colours almost like a variation of the traditional highlights, but grown out:
Isabelle Lucas does this daring ombre from almost black to white blonde. It looks good on her though, because she's just so hot :P
No more goody two shoes Blair, Leighton Meester, looks really good here!

Rachel Bilson  has a more subtle ombre :), she looks good in everything!

Asians with Ombre, well it helps she's half asian. Looks awesome :)
What do you think girls? Yay or Nay?

UPDATE**

After sitting on the fence on this idea, I've really begun to like it. I've trolled around the net some more and found a few more variations.

Pink and multicolored ombre. Now I'm really loving the pink version :) I'm thinking of giving this a go, and after the pink washes out it'll just be the natural blonde.

This looks really good :)!! <3
This is if you are daring enough to go all the way! 
Laddy Ga Ga goes yellow - maybe only for a photoshoot :)
I really love teal, but not on hair. I'm not sure it does will with the brown, maybe if her hair was blonde.
A slightly pink variation on a Japanese girl!
This looks amazing!!!

This one is really nice, and I love how it matches her accessories :)

Reverse ombre. So light roots and dark ends looks like a bitch to maintain!

She looks like a vampire slayer :P Very cool!

This is a look prada did :) Very alternative!
I'm loving the rainbow and the pink ombre :) What type do you girls like?

No comments:

Post a Comment